Who Is Secretly Funneling Money into Mitt Romney's Campaign Coffers?
Unlike President Obama, Romney Doesn't Disclose. Urge the Presumptive GOP Nominee to Come Clean
To raise huge amounts of campaign cash, presidential candidates rely on “bundlers.”
Bundlers are campaign funders who bundle their own donations together with those of other super-rich Americans in order to skirt the legal limits on contributions directly to campaigns in order to raise tens of thousands — if not millions — of dollars.
President Barack Obama has been publicly disclosing information about his bundlers since the 2008 campaign began. Mitt Romney also disclosed his bundlers in 2008.
But this year, Mitt Romney has so far refused all calls to release information about the identities of those in his army of bundlers.
Only the names of Romney’s bundlers who are federally registered lobbyists have been disclosed (which is required by law). The rest of his network of fundraisers remains in the shadows.
Sign the petition to Romney for President Campaign Committee
We, the undersigned, urge Mitt Romney to release his full list of campaign bundlers in order to match the level of transparency that has come to be expected from presidential candidates of both major parties.
Spread the Word
More About Bundlers
- Top bundlers are often given access and political appointments in return for gathering large amounts of money for the campaign. A 2011 study of President Obama's top-tier fundraisers from 2008 showed that 80 percent received "key administration posts" as defined by the White House.
- Every Democratic and Republican presidential nominee since 2000 has released his full list of campaign bundlers to the public, updating it periodically.
- Mitt Romney released his bundlers list in 2008 but has yet to do so for this election cycle.
- As the presumptive nominee in 2008, John McCain released his bundlers list on April 19.
- President Obama has already voluntarily released his bundlers list, with quarterly updates.
- As a result, Obama has already returned more than $200,000 in campaign contributions linked to bundlers with questionable backgrounds -- contributions that likely never would have been scrutinized if his bundlers had been kept secret.
Join Our Social Networks
|Number||Date||Name||Add a Comment|
|22733||Mon Nov 12 18:25:27 EST 2012||John Peterkin|
|22732||Sun Nov 11 13:37:07 EST 2012||Nancy Haney|
|22731||Mon Nov 05 21:36:38 EST 2012||Steven Plount||Disclouse all financial and tax records for the last 25 years or you are not worthy to be a Public Servant of the United States Of America, muchj less President. You appear to be a selfish, self-centered, More....|
|22730||Sat Nov 03 18:32:08 EDT 2012||John Peterkin|
|22729||Sat Nov 03 11:55:48 EDT 2012||Donna Fisher|
|22728||Wed Oct 31 15:36:51 EDT 2012||Lyn Fenex|
|22727||Sat Oct 27 12:34:24 EDT 2012||Andrea Estrella|
|22726||Tue Oct 23 03:14:40 EDT 2012||George Davis|
|22725||Sun Oct 21 20:17:11 EDT 2012||Jacqueline Amato|
|22724||Sun Oct 21 00:28:33 EDT 2012||George Davis|
|22723||Wed Oct 17 20:26:15 EDT 2012||Charlene Root|
|22722||Wed Oct 17 17:14:56 EDT 2012||June Taubman||If you have nothin to hide, you will reveal your donors.|
|22721||Wed Oct 17 13:43:45 EDT 2012||Charlene Root|
|22720||Tue Oct 16 13:37:53 EDT 2012||Ronald Domin|
|22719||Tue Oct 16 09:57:31 EDT 2012||Margaret Griffin|
|22718||Mon Oct 15 23:57:31 EDT 2012||martha carlisle|
|22717||Sun Oct 14 16:18:52 EDT 2012||Laura Symons|
|22716||Sun Oct 14 13:03:24 EDT 2012||Lori Colina-Lee||Transparency is essential in a democracy. Lies and secrecy serve the corrupt.|
|22715||Sat Oct 13 15:43:32 EDT 2012||Darrell Williams||Also Mr. Romney please come clean and let us know who your major supporters are. Transparency is the best way to go, secrecy hides all manner of ill deeds.|
|22714||Fri Oct 12 11:53:43 EDT 2012||Roland Covert|
|22713||Fri Oct 12 08:55:54 EDT 2012||Amy Duffield|
|22712||Thu Oct 11 16:21:12 EDT 2012||Rita Hecht|
|22711||Thu Oct 11 14:50:12 EDT 2012||Herbert Mitson|
|22710||Thu Oct 11 13:10:23 EDT 2012||Steven Tichenor|
|22709||Wed Oct 10 10:31:13 EDT 2012||Margaret Truman||I cannot vote for anyone who will not reveal the source of their bribes ... that is "contributions." Please do the right thing!|
© Public Citizen. This Web site is shared by Public Citizen Inc. and Public Citizen Foundation. Learn more about the distinction between these two components of Public Citizen.