Who Is Secretly Funneling Money into Mitt Romney's Campaign Coffers?
Unlike President Obama, Romney Doesn't Disclose. Urge the Presumptive GOP Nominee to Come Clean
To raise huge amounts of campaign cash, presidential candidates rely on “bundlers.”
Bundlers are campaign funders who bundle their own donations together with those of other super-rich Americans in order to skirt the legal limits on contributions directly to campaigns in order to raise tens of thousands — if not millions — of dollars.
President Barack Obama has been publicly disclosing information about his bundlers since the 2008 campaign began. Mitt Romney also disclosed his bundlers in 2008.
But this year, Mitt Romney has so far refused all calls to release information about the identities of those in his army of bundlers.
Only the names of Romney’s bundlers who are federally registered lobbyists have been disclosed (which is required by law). The rest of his network of fundraisers remains in the shadows.
Sign the petition to Romney for President Campaign Committee
We, the undersigned, urge Mitt Romney to release his full list of campaign bundlers in order to match the level of transparency that has come to be expected from presidential candidates of both major parties.
Spread the Word
More About Bundlers
- Top bundlers are often given access and political appointments in return for gathering large amounts of money for the campaign. A 2011 study of President Obama's top-tier fundraisers from 2008 showed that 80 percent received "key administration posts" as defined by the White House.
- Every Democratic and Republican presidential nominee since 2000 has released his full list of campaign bundlers to the public, updating it periodically.
- Mitt Romney released his bundlers list in 2008 but has yet to do so for this election cycle.
- As the presumptive nominee in 2008, John McCain released his bundlers list on April 19.
- President Obama has already voluntarily released his bundlers list, with quarterly updates.
- As a result, Obama has already returned more than $200,000 in campaign contributions linked to bundlers with questionable backgrounds -- contributions that likely never would have been scrutinized if his bundlers had been kept secret.
Join Our Social Networks
|Number||Date||Name||Add a Comment|
|22583||Sun Aug 26 16:44:49 EDT 2012||Anthony Kerr|
|22582||Sun Aug 26 16:35:14 EDT 2012||stephen armstrong|
|22581||Sun Aug 26 15:30:44 EDT 2012||Barton Reese|
|22580||Sun Aug 26 15:24:40 EDT 2012||Phillip McLaurin||Who Is Secretly Funneling Money into Mitt Romney's Campaign Coffers?
|22579||Sun Aug 26 15:20:34 EDT 2012||Steve Radcliffe|
|22578||Sun Aug 26 14:50:26 EDT 2012||Steve Radcliffe|
|22577||Sun Aug 26 13:45:01 EDT 2012||Geri Kromminga|
|22576||Sun Aug 26 13:08:07 EDT 2012||Anonymous|
|22575||Sun Aug 26 11:03:03 EDT 2012||Terry Eaton|
|22574||Sat Aug 25 23:11:24 EDT 2012||Robert Donnelly|
|22573||Sat Aug 25 22:14:19 EDT 2012||MaryLynn Michaelis|
|22572||Sat Aug 25 21:00:07 EDT 2012||Mr Miguel Margarida|
|22571||Sat Aug 25 20:32:09 EDT 2012||Malcolm Berger|
|22570||Sat Aug 25 17:58:12 EDT 2012||Steven Kranowski|
|22569||Sat Aug 25 13:33:08 EDT 2012||Amy Duffield|
|22568||Sat Aug 25 11:30:57 EDT 2012||Anonymous|
|22567||Sat Aug 25 11:27:55 EDT 2012||Anonymous||I think so long as everyone still thinks Obama is lying about where he was born and keep asking him to disclose this information, other members of the presidential campaign should be equally candid about More....|
|22566||Sat Aug 25 10:55:28 EDT 2012||Michael Haasl|
|22565||Sat Aug 25 04:32:41 EDT 2012||tina gardner|
|22564||Sat Aug 25 02:32:02 EDT 2012||Steven Schafer|
|22563||Sat Aug 25 02:10:05 EDT 2012||Philip Dooley|
|22562||Sat Aug 25 00:18:09 EDT 2012||Robert Christie|
|22561||Fri Aug 24 23:41:29 EDT 2012||Sally Morrison|
|22560||Fri Aug 24 21:39:46 EDT 2012||James Van Kirk|
|22559||Fri Aug 24 21:02:03 EDT 2012||Bob Davey||Just Be Honest.
Oh, I almost forgot, that's Not part of the GOP's agenda.
© Public Citizen. This Web site is shared by Public Citizen Inc. and Public Citizen Foundation. Learn more about the distinction between these two components of Public Citizen.