Who Is Secretly Funneling Money into Mitt Romney's Campaign Coffers?
Unlike President Obama, Romney Doesn't Disclose. Urge the Presumptive GOP Nominee to Come Clean
To raise huge amounts of campaign cash, presidential candidates rely on “bundlers.”
Bundlers are campaign funders who bundle their own donations together with those of other super-rich Americans in order to skirt the legal limits on contributions directly to campaigns in order to raise tens of thousands — if not millions — of dollars.
President Barack Obama has been publicly disclosing information about his bundlers since the 2008 campaign began. Mitt Romney also disclosed his bundlers in 2008.
But this year, Mitt Romney has so far refused all calls to release information about the identities of those in his army of bundlers.
Only the names of Romney’s bundlers who are federally registered lobbyists have been disclosed (which is required by law). The rest of his network of fundraisers remains in the shadows.
Sign the petition to Romney for President Campaign Committee
We, the undersigned, urge Mitt Romney to release his full list of campaign bundlers in order to match the level of transparency that has come to be expected from presidential candidates of both major parties.
Spread the Word
More About Bundlers
- Top bundlers are often given access and political appointments in return for gathering large amounts of money for the campaign. A 2011 study of President Obama's top-tier fundraisers from 2008 showed that 80 percent received "key administration posts" as defined by the White House.
- Every Democratic and Republican presidential nominee since 2000 has released his full list of campaign bundlers to the public, updating it periodically.
- Mitt Romney released his bundlers list in 2008 but has yet to do so for this election cycle.
- As the presumptive nominee in 2008, John McCain released his bundlers list on April 19.
- President Obama has already voluntarily released his bundlers list, with quarterly updates.
- As a result, Obama has already returned more than $200,000 in campaign contributions linked to bundlers with questionable backgrounds -- contributions that likely never would have been scrutinized if his bundlers had been kept secret.
Join Our Social Networks
|Number||Date||Name||Add a Comment|
|22533||Thu Aug 23 20:02:37 EDT 2012||Bette Schei|
|22532||Thu Aug 23 18:30:53 EDT 2012||Jean Hohl|
|22531||Thu Aug 23 18:10:26 EDT 2012||Alexander Metz|
|22530||Thu Aug 23 17:38:22 EDT 2012||Charlotte Cunningham|
|22529||Thu Aug 23 17:29:40 EDT 2012||Robert Brown|
|22528||Thu Aug 23 17:10:57 EDT 2012||Charlotte Cunningham|
|22527||Thu Aug 23 16:10:10 EDT 2012||Stuart Fishelman|
|22526||Thu Aug 23 15:54:35 EDT 2012||Benita Lipford|
|22525||Thu Aug 23 15:48:11 EDT 2012||Miguel|
|22524||Thu Aug 23 15:44:46 EDT 2012||Janet L. Krawcke|
|22523||Thu Aug 23 15:07:30 EDT 2012||Craig Thunem|
|22522||Thu Aug 23 13:13:40 EDT 2012||Cori Tite|
|22521||Thu Aug 23 10:42:06 EDT 2012||Susan Kinyon|
|22520||Thu Aug 23 06:48:32 EDT 2012||Steve Branch|
|22519||Wed Aug 22 23:44:12 EDT 2012||TONY BUTLER||I am writing to tell Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan one very clear
message. You will NEVER WIN the nomination to become the
next president of the United States of America!! This is an
|22518||Wed Aug 22 22:34:30 EDT 2012||Thomas Wolford|
|22517||Wed Aug 22 22:29:06 EDT 2012||Daniel Klein|
|22516||Wed Aug 22 22:03:16 EDT 2012||Kevin KREISS|
|22515||Wed Aug 22 20:45:05 EDT 2012||Douglas Woersching|
|22514||Wed Aug 22 20:40:53 EDT 2012||Josh Swink|
|22513||Wed Aug 22 20:11:27 EDT 2012||Jess Bolen|
|22512||Wed Aug 22 19:57:03 EDT 2012||Linda Burger|
|22511||Wed Aug 22 17:47:58 EDT 2012||Anonymous|
|22510||Wed Aug 22 17:43:16 EDT 2012||Maxine Triff|
|22509||Wed Aug 22 17:32:26 EDT 2012||Kristyn MacPhail|
© Public Citizen. This Web site is shared by Public Citizen Inc. and Public Citizen Foundation. Learn more about the distinction between these two components of Public Citizen.