Thank You for Signing
Now Amplify Your Voice
Please take a moment to call New York state Senator Ruben Diaz and urge him to sign the letter for an amendment to overturn Citizens United today.
State Senator Ruben Diaz
Use the Script Below, but Feel Free to Put the Message in Your Own Words!
- I am calling to urge State Senator Ruben Diaz to sign the letter to Congress calling for a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United and get big money out of politics.
- Senator Diaz states on his website that he stands for “economic opportunities, housing, health care, and education for the people of the Bronx,” but that cannot be achieved when big money interests are buying our elections.
- 21 cities, towns and counties in New York, including New York City, have called upon the state legislature to act and a recent poll shows that 85 percent of Americans are demanding either fundamental reform or a complete rebuilding of the campaign finance system.
- Diaz is the only state Senate Democrat who hasn’t signed the letter. We urge him to join his party in acting to restore our democracy.
- A majority in the Assembly has signed the letter, which is being circulated by Republicans and and Democrats alike, and we are only one signature away from a majority in the state Senate. Diaz’s signature will drive this critical democracy effort in New York home.
- Will Senator Diaz sign the letter to Congress that would make New York the 17th state to call for a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United?