Thank You for Emailing New Hampshire House Speaker Shawn Jasper
Now Amplify Your Voice
Please take a moment to call New Hampshire Speaker of the House Shawn Jasper and urge him to turn down the recommendation for an interim study on SB 136 and attend a public meeting to discuss the bill calling foul on Citizens United.
New Hampshire House Speaker Shawn Jasper
Use the Script Below, but Feel Free to Put the Message in Your Own Words!
- I am calling to urge Speaker Shawn Jasper to turn down the House Committee’s recommendation for an interim study of SB 136, the New Hampshire bill studying the need for an amendment to overturn Citizens United and prevent outside interests, including unions and billionaires from the left and the right, from buying our elections.
- Speaker Jasper should keep his promise to attend a public meeting about the bill and vote “Ought to Pass SB 136” in January.
- New Hampshire prides itself in having a volunteer legislature that stands for the people of New Hampshire and we lose that representation when outside interests can spend unlimited amounts of money in our elections.
- 69 towns in New Hampshire have passed resolutions calling upon the state Legislature to call to overturn Citizens United. And citizens in the Granite State on both sides of the aisle poll 3-to-1 in favor of an amendment.
- A recent Bloomberg poll shows that 78 percent of Americans, including 80 percent of Republicans, think that Citizens United should be overturned
- SB 136 passed unanimously through the Republican controlled state Senate and there's no reason why it shouldn't pass in the state House as well. Your support will be crucial in pushing the state House to turn down the Interim Study recommendation and vote to pass this critical good-government bill instead.
- Will Speaker Jasper keep his promise to attend a public meeting about SB 136 so he can hear from the people of New Hampshire why turning down the interim study recommendation and voting “Ought to Pass”is the right thing to do?