Thank You for Taking Action
Now Please Commit to Speaking to Your Representative in Person – Trust Us, It’s Easy
Members of Congress will be out and about campaigning every day in their home districts from now until after the election. This is the perfect time for you to stop by your representative’s local office, where many have office hours, or to go to a local event and ask your representative to announce opposition to the TPP right now.
Visiting your representative’s office is easy. You can ask some friends or colleagues to go with you or go alone. Here’s how to do it:
- Google your member of Congress to find a district office address.
- Go to the office between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on a weekday.
- Ask to speak with the district director or the member of Congress. Here’s a sample of what you can say [Download].
- Give them this fact sheet [PDF] and this letter [Download] with your information filled in.
- After your visit, email StopTheTPP@citizen.org to let us know how it went.