Call Your Representative Now to Reject Corporate Trade Deals Like the TPP
Join Today’s National Call-in Against the TPP and Make Sure Congress Gets the Message: The Era of Corporate Trojan-Horse Trade Deals Must End
Don’t worry — you won’t have to get into a debate to register your opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). Making this call is quick and easy.
Here’s what to do:
1. Call the TPP Action Line at 1-888-659-7351. You will be prompted to enter you zip code and then you’ll be connected to your representative’s office.
2. Ask to speak with the chief of staff. You will probably be asked to leave a message on the chief’s voice mail. Those messages have dramatic impact!
3. When you speak with a staffer or go to voicemail, you can use this script to help shape your thoughts, but leaving a message in your own words is best:
- I am constituent calling to urge my representative to oppose corporate-driven trade deals.
- I would like a letter sent to my home address confirming that my representatives opposes the TPP.
- I know the TPP is on its last legs and that is why we may be spared from the TPP’s tribunals of corporate lawyers ordering us taxpayers to fork over millions when our laws get attacked — and from the TPP’s threats to Americans’ jobs, foods safety, and so much more.
- But I want to know my representative will make sure the TPP is not revived and that our new trade policy rejects corporate influence to truly put people and the planet first.
4. Let us know how your call went! Leave a comment below to tell us what happened.