Sign the Petition Demanding a Real NAFTA Renegotiation
As a candidate, Donald Trump said he would withdraw from NAFTA if he could not make it “a lot better.” The corporate lobby will be trying to revive the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) through NAFTA renegotiations. We have to drown them out. Add your name to demand that NAFTA is replaced by a deal that puts people and the planet first.
Sign the Petition to the Trump Administration:
We demand that the Trump administration renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) to truly make the deal work for working people in all three countries, not just multinational corporations. This will require, at a minimum:
- Ending the Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) system that empowers multinational companies to sue our government before a panel of three corporate lawyers to obtain uncapped sums of money, including for lost future profit, from American taxpayers and incentivizes job offshoring.
- Eliminating rules against Buy American and pro-human rights and environmental procurement preferences so our tax dollars are reinvested to grow jobs and promote our values.
- Adding strong and enforceable labor and environmental standards.
- Requiring all food and other imported products and all services covered by NAFTA meet U.S. environmental, health and other standards.
- Blocking proposed new terms that would make NAFTA even worse, such as monopoly protections for Big Pharma that keep medicine prices outrageously high.