Don’t Gut Critical Programs to Pay for Tax Cuts for the 1%
The Republican tax proposal is incredibly troubling.
Its huge price tag means that funding will be slashed for programs like Medicare and Medicaid, education and more to pay for tax breaks for wealthy corporations and the rich.
We won’t stand for any plan that hands out tax giveaways to billionaire megadonors like the Koch Brothers at the expense of working families.
It will leave America poorer, more unequal and less able to invest in public priorities.
Tell Congress Not to Cut Taxes for the Wealthy
Here’s how easy it is to call:
1. Dial 888 516-5820 to be automatically connected with one of your senators.
2. Tell the staffer that answers the phone:
- Hello, my name is NAME from CITY/TOWN and I’m a constituent of SENATOR (NAME).
- I am calling to urge you to vote NO on the tax bill. It cuts taxes for big corporations and the wealthy while raising them for millions of middle-class families.
3. Use the comment box below to let us know you called and how your call went.