Thank you for joining Public Citizen in urging the Federal Election Commission (FEC) to require the disclosure of the identities of corporations and other groups behind the dark money campaigns corrupting our elections.
The FEC is also asking members of the public to comment directly to the agency.
Follow these five quick steps right now to make sure the FEC hears from you:
1. Go to the official comment page.
2. On the page that appears, you can ignore the boxes marked “E-mail Address” and “Password.” The page automatically checks the field indicating you are submitting comments on behalf of yourself. Click the button at the bottom that says “Next >>.”
3. Enter your information. (Type “PRIVATE” if there is any information you do not wish to share.) Click the “Next >>” button at the bottom of the page.
4. Type in your comment. You could say something like this (but feel free to use your own words):
If corporations, billionaires and labor unions want to broadcast messages to influence my vote, they should be required to say who they are. Please require full disclosure of corporate, union and wealthy funding sources behind express advocacy ads and electioneering communications.
And if you're interested in testifying about this at the FEC's headquarters in Washington, D.C., on February 11, 2015, you should say so.
Then click the “Next >>” button at the bottom.
5. Unless you’d also like to upload a computer file version of your comment, you’re done! To finish, click the “Submit” button.
Spread The Word
Join Our Social Networks
© Public Citizen. This Web site is shared by Public Citizen Inc. and Public Citizen Foundation. Learn more about the distinction between these two components of Public Citizen.