***This webcast took has already taken place, but you can still view the archived event with your friends by signing up below.
If you are fed up the Bush Administration's attacks on open government, sign up below for a FREE webcast of a dual-panel discussion on what the government is hiding and what you can do about it. Join the dialogue by sending your questions to the panel speakers. You’ll also learn about new online resources and how to take action.
Panel I. "The Secret Executive -- What Can Congress and the Public Do?"
- Ann Beeson, Director of U.S. Programs at the Open Society Institute and previously Associate Legal Director of the American Civil Liberties Union.
Moderated by Patrice McDermott, Director of OpenTheGovernment.org
- Mickey Edwards, Director of the Aspen Institute-Rodel Fellowships in Public Leadership and former Republican member of Congress from Oklahoma for 16 years (1977-92).
- John Podesta, President and CEO of the Center for American Progress, Chief of Staff to President Clinton from October 1998 until January 2001.
Panel II. "Citizen Self-Help: Finding the Information You Need"
Moderated by Greg Elin of SunlightLabs.org
- Bill Allison (Sunlight Foundation)
- Sheila Krumholz (Center for Responsive Politics/OpenSecrets.org)
- David Moore (OpenCongress.org)
- Sean Moulton (FedSpending.org)
- Daniel X. O'Neil (EveryBlock)
- Gary Bass (OMB Watch)
GOT QUESTIONS FOR THE SPEAKERS? Before or during the event, submit your questions or comments by emailing them to the moderator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 662-7496.
Sign up below and we will send you instructions for viewing the webcast.