Tell Congress: No Citizens United 2.0 Provisions in the Must-Pass Spending Bill
Conservatives in Congress are trying to insert a package of Citizens United 2.0 provisions into the spending bill that would:
- Block enforcement of the Johnson Amendment, which would allow a brand new stream of tax-deductible dark money to flow through churches and charities into our political system;
- Stop the SEC from requiring companies to disclose their political spending;
- Stop the IRS from creating clear definitions of nonprofit engagement in politics;
- Loosen coordination rules between candidates and parties, letting even more money into our system; and
- Prohibit federal contractors from being required to disclose their political donations.